-
what is edd?
Hello. I was and am a very happy user of knoppix 5.1.1 on my Toshiba 2775 P3 laptop. What a great disc. Works with no cheatcodes needed.
I am trying to use knoppix 6.0.1. Unlike 5.1.1, I have to add edd=off into the boot line. I figured that out because, like 6.0.1, Parted Magic hangs for around two minutes after the initrd, but when PM hangs it says it is probing edd, and suggests edd=off. So, even edd=off is not in the knoppix cheatcodes, it does work and eliminates that 2 minute hang.
Does anyone know what the edd is doing? And what are the consequences of turning it off?
Also, for 6.0.1 I have to use pci=bios. For 5.1.1 I did not.
Thanks much for all the hard work!
Irwin
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99

T-FORCE DELTA α RGB DDR5 16GB (2x8GB) 6000MHz DIMM Desktop Memory Kit
$225.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Samsung M323R4GA3BB0-CQK 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5 Memory
$430.00

Samsung M323R4GA3BB0-CQK 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5 Memory
$430.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50