-
Remote Display Setup - Knoppix
was able to use ssh -x to call up a xterm from one server to the other. This is not correcting the problem that I'm having.
1) From a RHEL 5.0 server (192.168.222.51) I set the following:
export DISPLAY 192.168.222.50:0.0
2) Execute "xterm" and I get the following error:
xterm Xt error: Can't open display: 192.168.222.50:0.0
3) On the 192.168.222.50 server running Knoppix, I set the following:
xhost + <Enter>
access control disabled, clients can connect from any host
4) Execute "xterm" again from the RHEL server (192.168.222.51) and get the following error:
xterm Xt error: Can't open display: 192.168.222.50:0.0
It seems that I've got some type of firewall or something on the Knoppix system thats stopping these remote displays? Once again ssh is working between the two servers and I'm able to remote a display "xterm window" from the Knoppix server to the RedHat server.
I can't find how this was setup on Knoppix and this problem is also stopping me from not just remoting displays but using telnet.
Thanks,
John
Similar Threads
-
By johnj123 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-29-2009, 10:31 PM
-
By chaoswings in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-07-2008, 01:55 AM
-
By HisHighness in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-10-2008, 03:30 AM
-
By ewangr in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-03-2004, 03:57 AM
-
By Kethinov in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-21-2003, 10:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99