The good: Knoppix is the only Linux that I have tried which actually boots all the way through on my new machine. I have tried Centos, Slackware, Ubuntu, SUSE, gNewSense, and Fedora. Where possible, I have used 64-bit versions, since it is a 64-bit machine.
The bad: After booting fully from the LiveCD and coming into operation, no internetworking is possible. I cannot even ping my router. My network card is Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0). Although I have never done it before, I have downloaded a new Linux/Unix driver. How do I incorporate it into the CD version?
Please note, I am also trying to install onto a USB thumb drive (or 'stick'). It would be useful to be able to use the internet while Knoppix is booted to avoid time-consuming switching each time some new notion needs checking out.
Thanks for all and any help.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server Intel Xeon E5630 4GB DDR3 No HDD
$279.99
IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
DEFECTIVE IBM SYSTEM X3530 M4 7160AC1 Server 2INTEL XEON E52430L 0 80GB G3D
$142.50