Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: WLAN (wlcardconfig in ADRIANE) does not work

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7

    WLAN (wlcardconfig in ADRIANE) does not work

    I want to configure WLAN in Knoppix ADRIANE 6.1.

    I go to Settings -> Internet and choose "wlcardconfig".
    There I provide the ESSID and the key (WEP). After that I click at "Activate". It asks for automatic DHCP setting, I select "Yes". Now I see the bar (... 100%) two times. And after that I'm back at the internet settings. But I don't have a connection in browser (elinks).

    WLAN does work when I boot the GUI. But I need to use ADRIANE only.

    After submitting the key, there is the error (readable for a second):
    Code:
    /usr/sbin/wlcardconfig: line 437: [: missing `]`
    I dont know if it matters, but the LED which indicates WLAN is not activated. Instead I see the bluetooth LED. On Ubuntu I can switch this with FN + F5 (select WLAN only, WLAN and Bluetooth, Bluetooth only or nothing).

    I think I use a WEP HEX key (it got 10 numbers). Can I enter this directly or does it need a prefix or suffix?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7
    Help please

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1

    I have the same problem

    I tried the above and get the same error message. I'd look at the source if I could find them.

Similar Threads

  1. wlcardconfig
    By olicommunist in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 11:18 PM
  2. How to get my wlan work
    By Mr.Digimon in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-13-2006, 05:29 AM
  3. wlcardconfig & Sarge
    By TimWhite in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-08-2005, 12:54 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
  5. D-Link DWL G520 & wlcardconfig
    By Adam! in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-30-2004, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME B650-PLUS WIFI ATX AMD AM5 Motherboard picture

ASUS PRIME B650-PLUS WIFI ATX AMD AM5 Motherboard

$120.00



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard

$101.99



MSI PRO B760-VC WIFI Intel ATX DDR5 Motherboard Original accessories I/O shield picture

MSI PRO B760-VC WIFI Intel ATX DDR5 Motherboard Original accessories I/O shield

$72.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00