Hi,
I can use my Knoppix live cd for telnetting, ftp'ing to localhost w/o problems using the default
inetd.conf file which contains lines like:
However when I disable tcpd and try to use the barebone telnetd, ftpd, etc. using theCode:ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/in.ftpd telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/in.telnetd
following configuration I cannot telnet or ftp to myself:
I rerun the inetd and then try to telnet to receive this response:Code:ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/in.ftpd telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/in.telnetd
As you see, when I'm not using tcpd it just automatically disables telnet, ftp, etc. I've tried itCode:knoppix@ttyp4[knoppix]$ telnet localhost Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to Knoppix. Escape character is '^]'. Connection closed by foreign host.
hosts.allow, hosts.deny, I've also tried it w/o these files. Nothing changes.
Is it impossible to use inetd without tcpd on Knoppix? If it is possible, how?
Thanks in advance.

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Retro Working Macintosh SE SE30 Analog Board 820-0206-B 630-0147 w/Power Supply
$107.95
Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00
Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99
Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac
$35.00
VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67