Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Knoppix 6.0.1 LXDE on HD

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3

    Knoppix 6.0.1 LXDE on HD

    Hello to all.

    After having tried many other distribution I want to try the Knoppix with LXDE.
    After having played 5 minutes in Live, I decided to install it because I have to say that it is a good distro .

    My questions from newbie to Knoppix are the following:

    1 --
    I state that the installation went on HD perfectly but when booting from HD (in fact also happens too with the CD) I am presented with a text menu, I would like that a LXDE session start immediately

    2 --
    There is a user management on Knoppix?

    PS I have dowloaded this iso : KNOPPIX_V6.0.1-ADRIANE_V1.1CD-2009-02-08-EN.iso

    Thanks to all

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11

    install packages

    Hello, you need to install packages for the graphical user management.

    But if you do not know I suggest the packages needed.

    Option Two:

    1 to open a console:
    sudo adduser johnny

    2 delete user.
    sudo userdel -r johnny

    3 new password:
    sudo passwd johnny

    greetings. ......

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks Fedemos
    But why when I boot I have a text menu with 15 options like " www " or " Graphical program " .
    To start a LXDE session I must select the option " Graphical program " then the option " start a full LXDE session "

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11

    R: Knoppix 6.0.1 LXDE on HD

    you start knoppix with the graphical ADRIANE as default.

    For access LXDE KNOPPIX LiveCD:
    1 starts the LiveCD
    2 In boot: knoppix
    greetings

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks I will try
    Happy Easter to the whole Linux community

Similar Threads

  1. No window decorations under KNOPPIX 6.2 for lxde and....
    By jogeedaklown in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 04:49 PM
  2. Install KDE in hard disk with knoppix LXDE
    By Miguel Cuba in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 06:36 AM
  3. Knoppix 6, lxde fonts too small
    By advertising in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2009, 03:19 PM
  4. Knoppix 6.0? LXDE? Cannot open the hard drive?
    By carolina2cali in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 11:42 AM
  5. lxde to kde
    By ztahf in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 12:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1599.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$225.00



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1) picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)

$150.00



1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM picture

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM

$344.97



IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012 picture

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012

$109.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99