-
Sound Card Issue with Microphone.
Hi. New to Knoppix and linux.
I recently installed Knoppix on an HP Compaq NC6000 laptop. The primary drive is going bad, so I'm using an MBR to boot off USB install. It's very nice.
Anyway, everything is going quite well, except I can't seem to get my microphone to work with a few programs. Most notably, Skype or Audacity.
Here's the hardware side of things:
Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M)
AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 03)
If I type
$ amixer get MIC
amixer: Unable to find simple control 'MIC',0
likewise if I try
amixer set MIC unmute capture
amixer: Unable to find simple control 'MIC',0
Likewise if I run AlsaMixer Gui, the recording buttons appear in red. HOWEVER, if I push the volume settings under MIC up to the highest, it sounds like I can hear a slight ringing- which means it might be ramping up the volume on the mic. Confused? I am.
Any ideas?
Similar Threads
-
By pa0rbc in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-29-2009, 05:49 PM
-
By hyno in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-13-2006, 08:01 PM
-
By haohmaruxi in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-10-2004, 07:45 PM
-
By Battousai in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
-
By wikked in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 02:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72