Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix from live USB stick

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4

    Knoppix from live USB stick

    I always used a knoppix live CD on my windows computer and it worked perfect.
    Now I bought myself a bootable USB knoppix 6.0.1 stick, but I can not start it.
    My BIOS is in the right sequence ( 1. Removable devices 2. CD drive 3. Hard disk. )

    What goes wrong ???

    Thanks beforehand for your help

    Mowat

  2. #2
    http://www.maximumpc.com/article/fea...box?page=0%2C4
    I'm not sure if that's any help? I'm building a bootable Knoppix USB drive, thought I'd get into these forums to learn about it.

  3. #3
    I finished setting it up, tried booting on both my laptop and our old desktop.

    --Laptop is an "old" Compaq Presario, harddrive died a long time ago and with the new HD came a new 'version' of windows...whatever the cause, I have yet to solve how to boot from USB. Hitting the F12 gets me an attempt to boot from LAN, not a boot list. Try F2?

    --Desktop is a Dell Inspiron(?) that is VERY old and VERY slow....or should I say was! Knoppix worked perfectly and turned a normally 5 minute long boot session into literally 45 seconds! I'm happy

Similar Threads

  1. Copying live knobbix usb stick
    By bootabedriver in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 06:17 PM
  2. Knoppix 4.0 on a USB Stick
    By thorvik in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-10-2005, 02:42 PM
  3. Help with Remastering Knoppix 3.4 onto my USB stick
    By andrewbob in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-13-2005, 02:45 AM
  4. Knoppix von usb stick booten
    By davman1971 in forum German Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2005, 03:12 PM
  5. Knoppix on a USB Stick
    By graham_k in forum Ideas
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 07:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.62