Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: KNOPPIX V6.0.1 Live CD - QTPARTED?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2

    KNOPPIX V6.0.1 Live CD - QTPARTED?

    Hello!!

    Please be patient with me as I am new to Linux and especially Knoppix. I recently downloaded the Live CD (version 6.0.1) and booted into what looks like "Lightweight XII Desktop Environment". When I look through the various menus (Settings, System Tools, etc.) I do not see QTPARTED. On the desktop I only see "My Documents" and nothing else. Do I need to install something or change something in order to gain access to all the tools, etc? I'm very confused because I've read several postings in the forums here about people using QTPARTED, but I can't figure out how they accessed it.

    If you can be of help it would be VERY much appreciated. Thanks so much for understanding that I'm a newbie. Take care and enjoy the rest of your day!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2

    Solved

    Nevermind, seems I was able to figure it out on my own. I downloaded the DVD (5.3.1) which has QTPARTED. It appears that version 6.0.1 no longer has it and instead uses command line based "parted". Thanks anyway.

    Cheers!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4

    Hope be usefull

    First switch to root by using SU command and then type:
    apt-get install qtparted
    it tries to download and install qtparted which is about 5Mg

Similar Threads

  1. qtparted crashes under Knoppix 5.1.1
    By SiKing in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-12-2007, 03:35 PM
  2. English Knoppix 5.0.1,German menus in Konqueror and QTParted
    By XPuser1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2007, 05:09 PM
  3. Knoppix V4 and Qtparted and Solaris partition Options
    By zillah in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-15-2006, 10:21 AM
  4. Using QTParted
    By mark.johnson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 03:30 PM
  5. add Qtparted
    By Massimo in forum Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory picture

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory

$149.99



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30* picture

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*

$785.00



Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 SDRAM DIMM 288-Pin Desktop RAM 2 Modules picture

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 SDRAM DIMM 288-Pin Desktop RAM 2 Modules

$30.00



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00