I have a space problem in MS XP on my c drive but d and e have space and they are all on my SATA drive. I was told that Knoppix and QT Parted would probably be able to resolve this problem. I have downloaded Knoppix 6.0.1 and it runs as a live CD on boot up and accesses the SATA drive and also the internet via my network router.
Next job then is to back up my files to the other PC on the network (CD or DVD). So I remove the Knoppix cd and reboot into XP. The PC then reports that a network cable is unplugged. A new cable is tried - no change. Windows cannot now access the local network or the internet. Running Knppix again shows it CAN access the internet ok and there are no cable problems.

How can I get network and internet access again on Windows XP ? Any help would be appreciated - I am a Linux extreme novice. Thanks.