hello. I am a new linux user. I am downloading ubuntu and have a knoppix live disk. can anyone please direct me to a resource where I can learn linux from scratch. thank you.
hello. I am a new linux user. I am downloading ubuntu and have a knoppix live disk. can anyone please direct me to a resource where I can learn linux from scratch. thank you.
what is it you wan to learn? how to make yuor own Linux distribution from source code (mostly in C or C++ programming languages) or how to set up a basic workstation?
it is a HUGE spectrum of topics and hard to give specifics on.
i would point to http://tldp.org/ but that is a HUGE place and bit hard to chew for many.
to help sore we need bi more specific to work with, as is a MAC truck could be filled with books alone.
what kind of computer "user" are you?
"experienced Windows admin"
or
"barely able to get online"
my guess is somewhere around ""comfortable to use a computer in office or school setting"
or slightly above.
list what you wan to do with your computer and we will try to point you in the right direction.
if you wish to get a crash course in console Linux the distribution floppix and the related labs would be a great start, bit old and slightly outdated but still has about 90% of what i do in a Linux console (hat is text only Linux).
http://floppix.com/index.html
http://floppix.com/labs.html
to get online surfing just start knoppix and try opening a browser from the menu not on knoppix just now but I think, firefox, iceweasel, konqueror are all there, to get help on specific subjects try asking here or search in your favourite search engine (google, yahoo...)

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99
Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00
Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00
Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance
$29.99
Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card
$26.21