Can you just give me a list of what to keep so I can get knoppix at least running and be able to run Apache, MySQL and PHP4. Knoppix already does this but still has all the unneccessary programs on it that I don't need for this computer.
I have Knoppix 3.1, will get 3.2 later on.
I've been having a go at Remastering it following the Docs on here, still having trouble understanding it in n00b terms. I've not used Debian only RH. I found that I had to do most things in RH, then switch to Knoppix for certain commands and have been switching to and from both OS.
I've got as far as ready to remove the programs I don't need. Basically all I want is just the programs required to run Apache, MySQL, PHP4, that's all I'd need for now.
What programs can I get rid of just so I'll be able to just run those programs, would probably need a GUI (KDE) and browser to view local pages.
I can run Knoppix 3.1 no problems with Apache and MySQL, but would like the CD to only have those programs listed above, what can I remove?
Can you just give me a list of what to keep so I can get knoppix at least running and be able to run Apache, MySQL and PHP4. Knoppix already does this but still has all the unneccessary programs on it that I don't need for this computer.
You don't need a list just start removing programs eg. KDE,X, anything and everything as long as the action is not going to remove the three programs you want and apt-cache showpgk < package_name > will show you what the package depends upon.Originally Posted by Bollix

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Toshiba 1TB 2.5" SATA HDD MQ01ABD100V 5400RPM 9.5mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
$53.99
HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00
HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
1TB Internal Hard Drive 3.5 HDD SATA 64MB Cache Brand New Sealed PC Mac Storage
$60.00