Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Remaster Knoppix for Webserving only

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2

    Remaster Knoppix for Webserving only

    I have Knoppix 3.1, will get 3.2 later on.

    I've been having a go at Remastering it following the Docs on here, still having trouble understanding it in n00b terms. I've not used Debian only RH. I found that I had to do most things in RH, then switch to Knoppix for certain commands and have been switching to and from both OS.

    I've got as far as ready to remove the programs I don't need. Basically all I want is just the programs required to run Apache, MySQL, PHP4, that's all I'd need for now.

    What programs can I get rid of just so I'll be able to just run those programs, would probably need a GUI (KDE) and browser to view local pages.

    I can run Knoppix 3.1 no problems with Apache and MySQL, but would like the CD to only have those programs listed above, what can I remove?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2
    Can you just give me a list of what to keep so I can get knoppix at least running and be able to run Apache, MySQL and PHP4. Knoppix already does this but still has all the unneccessary programs on it that I don't need for this computer.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollix
    Can you just give me a list of what to keep so I can get knoppix at least running and be able to run Apache, MySQL and PHP4. Knoppix already does this but still has all the unneccessary programs on it that I don't need for this computer.
    You don't need a list just start removing programs eg. KDE,X, anything and everything as long as the action is not going to remove the three programs you want and apt-cache showpgk < package_name > will show you what the package depends upon.

Similar Threads

  1. Please help me remaster Knoppix.
    By yongla in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-07-2005, 04:07 AM
  2. Help me remaster knoppix, please!!!
    By spc in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 08:55 PM
  3. re knoppix-remaster
    By aahicnow in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-25-2004, 03:42 AM
  4. using knoppix to remaster rh9?
    By jgking in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-30-2003, 05:29 PM
  5. I tried to remaster knoppix on hdd..but...............
    By Raj in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2003, 08:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



ASRock Z890 Nova WiFi LGA 1851 Intel Z890 ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock Z890 Nova WiFi LGA 1851 Intel Z890 ATX Motherboard

$184.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX ATX Intel LGA1700 DDR5 Wi-Fi 6E Gaming picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX ATX Intel LGA1700 DDR5 Wi-Fi 6E Gaming

$125.00



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard picture

MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard

$59.99



ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU

$45.00