-
Junior Member
registered user
knoppix 6.1: No DNS resolution
Hi, I installed 6.1 on a harddisk using a Netgear Wg511 WLAN card.
For wireless, the DNS-resolution does not work: In /etc/resolv.conf, only localhost is entered, but not the 'right'. Other hosts in this network dont have any DNS problems at all.
Any ideas?
TIA!
-
Junior Member
registered user
coogor, I've got no idea 'cos I've got no Knoppix in the hd nor wi-fi card. But I may warn you that Knoppix was designed to be run as a live-cd or installed in a flashdrive (with a 'persistent' mode). There are people who install it as you did but I read that it may be not so stable.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Well, if you install ist, it becomes more a Debian than a live-CD. Nevertheless, the network funtionalities should work.
Sorry to ask here, but I didnt find a bug reporting tool for knoppix
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
coogor
Well, if you install ist, it becomes more a Debian than a live-CD. Nevertheless, the network funtionalities should work.....
No, if you install it, it stays Knoppix, only more broken. If you want a good functional Debian system, install Debian. Networking has been breaking since the very first reports in the HDD install forum of people trying to install Knoppix. I want no first hand experience with this, but your report seems to indicate things are still not fixed.
Similar Threads
-
By nnigam in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-09-2007, 07:47 PM
-
By nnigam in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2007, 08:18 PM
-
By iam980hk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-15-2005, 06:26 PM
-
By rchinnock88 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-19-2004, 08:12 PM
-
By dblinick in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 11:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

(LOT OF 4) Intel Core i5 Processors Different Gens
$249.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99