the script doesn't test for 1394 as far as I know. You have to change it yourself /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig
I'm currently trying to customize a Knoppix 3.2 and I have troubles with my via Firewire (driver ohci1394)
it works fine if i manually load the module but it is not detected on boot
i need a fix for that because the customization has to be as easy to use as possible on this particular system
any fixes? ideas? tips?
tnx Simon
the script doesn't test for 1394 as far as I know. You have to change it yourself /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig
it does...
at least that's what line 522 of knoppix-autoconfig looks like to me
I have a JVC Camcorder, and I am interrested in firewire.
How do you manually load the ohci1394 module ?
Thanks,
TOM.
Hi!
I wrote a little article to explain how to set up firewire/ieee1394 and more to get Kino to be ready to capture you camcorder videos under Debian/Knoppix ..
Check it out
Manfred

Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU
$279.99
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2699 v3 18 Core 2.3 GHz 45MB SR1XD LGA 2011-3 B Grade
$15.95
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99
For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX
$149.99