the script doesn't test for 1394 as far as I know. You have to change it yourself /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig
I'm currently trying to customize a Knoppix 3.2 and I have troubles with my via Firewire (driver ohci1394)
it works fine if i manually load the module but it is not detected on boot
i need a fix for that because the customization has to be as easy to use as possible on this particular system
any fixes? ideas? tips?
tnx Simon
the script doesn't test for 1394 as far as I know. You have to change it yourself /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig
it does...
at least that's what line 522 of knoppix-autoconfig looks like to me
I have a JVC Camcorder, and I am interrested in firewire.
How do you manually load the ohci1394 module ?
Thanks,
TOM.
Hi!
I wrote a little article to explain how to set up firewire/ieee1394 and more to get Kino to be ready to capture you camcorder videos under Debian/Knoppix ..
Check it out
Manfred

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$175.00
OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00
Apple Mac Pro (A1186, "8Core" 2007)Xeon X5365-4GB Ram 1TB HDD OS XLeopard NVIDIA
$274.99
Lenovo ThinkCentre M720Q Core i5-8500T 2.10GHz 8GB 128GB SDD W11 Mini PC (Z3675)
$125.96
Dell Optiplex 7070 8-Core i7-9700 3.0ghz 8GB DVDRW NO SSD Tower PC Computer
$169.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00
Dell Optiplex 7070 SFF i7-9700 8-Core 3.0GHz 16B Ram NO HDD NO OS
$199.99
Dell Latitude 7200 Touch Tablet Laptop 12” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99