the script doesn't test for 1394 as far as I know. You have to change it yourself /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig
I'm currently trying to customize a Knoppix 3.2 and I have troubles with my via Firewire (driver ohci1394)
it works fine if i manually load the module but it is not detected on boot
i need a fix for that because the customization has to be as easy to use as possible on this particular system
any fixes? ideas? tips?
tnx Simon
the script doesn't test for 1394 as far as I know. You have to change it yourself /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig
it does...
at least that's what line 522 of knoppix-autoconfig looks like to me
I have a JVC Camcorder, and I am interrested in firewire.
How do you manually load the ohci1394 module ?
Thanks,
TOM.
Hi!
I wrote a little article to explain how to set up firewire/ieee1394 and more to get Kino to be ready to capture you camcorder videos under Debian/Knoppix ..
Check it out
Manfred

IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 16GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$409.99
Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99
IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 8GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$399.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$281.25
IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD
$87.96