Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: trying to fix missing NTLDR problem

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    trying to fix missing NTLDR problem

    OK. Hope you guys can help.

    My goal: install Windows 7 on my desktop computer

    Problem: My computer got a virus/trojan, got all messed up and I have been trying to fix it for almost two days now. I downloaded Knoppix 6.0.1 (CD version) to try and copy my important files to another drive on the computer. I guess that was risky? Well, it is done now and I think it worked OK. So now I am just trying to get to the point where I can get my Windows 7 disk to boot and format my c: drive for a fresh install.

    Is there a way I can fix my missing NTLDR problem using Knoppix? I also downloaded Knoppix 5.1.1 (CD version). I have a working laptop running Windows 7 and a nebook running Win XP SP3. I just tried to create a bootable floppy to boot into that, but I don't think it supports USB keyboards and I don't have any PS/2 keyboards around, so I can't try to run fdisk.

    Hope you guys have some ideas. I am very computer literate, so let me know if you need more info. Thanks for the help.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    29
    Sorry, but I though you should fix that if you needed to boot from the hd. If you're getting this problem while trying to boot from the windows 7 cd (assuming it is like other Windows cds), it must be because you didn't burn the .iso file as an image.

    As just for formatting, you can do that with Gparted. In Knoppix: Root Terminal
    Code:
    apt-get update
    Code:
    apt-get install gparted
    or you'll find it in any other Linux installable live-cd (ubuntu etc.).

Similar Threads

  1. Acer Recovery Partition - missing NTLDR
    By jdrnyc in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 03:31 PM
  2. NTFS, GRUB, NTLDR, not MBR, etc.,
    By sakamoto motoharu in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 09:38 PM
  3. Missing NTLDR files no solutions work!
    By Mr.Joecat in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-07-2005, 04:19 PM
  4. Knoppix and missing NTLDR file?
    By Rey Flores in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-18-2005, 09:18 PM
  5. apt problem: files list file missing
    By krix in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-29-2004, 09:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$239.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$319.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11

$329.99



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black

$313.00



Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD

$124.99



Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 9 i7-1185g7 32GB RAM 512GB NVME  picture

Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 9 i7-1185g7 32GB RAM 512GB NVME

$509.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11

$229.99