-
I have that error on my copy to harddisk installation. I too am interested in the solution to this problem.
I have an existing Sidux installation on /dev/sda5 and I wanted to replace the existing winxp on /dev/sda1 with some other flavour of linux and I was thinking of trying eeebuntu nbr and knoppix6. none of my menu.lst tweak results in a proper boot and that include fromhd and bootfrom. I seems to remember something from my earlier attempt about fromiso or bootiso or somesuch but it's too late to try now. I've since destroyed the GRUB at sector 0, rendering the harddisk unbootable with a broken BIOS for a proper boot from USB device.
Similar Threads
-
By dissel in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-26-2007, 06:23 PM
-
By bread in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-15-2006, 02:34 AM
-
By rookworm in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-09-2005, 11:37 AM
-
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-02-2005, 11:02 PM
-
By iD:0t in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-15-2005, 04:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$128.96

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08