Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Sound Card Issue with Microphone.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3

    Sound Card Issue with Microphone.

    Hi. New to Knoppix and linux.

    I recently installed Knoppix on an HP Compaq NC6000 laptop. The primary drive is going bad, so I'm using an MBR to boot off USB install. It's very nice.

    Anyway, everything is going quite well, except I can't seem to get my microphone to work with a few programs. Most notably, Skype or Audacity.

    Here's the hardware side of things:

    Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M)
    AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 03)

    If I type

    $ amixer get MIC

    amixer: Unable to find simple control 'MIC',0

    likewise if I try

    amixer set MIC unmute capture
    amixer: Unable to find simple control 'MIC',0

    Likewise if I run AlsaMixer Gui, the recording buttons appear in red. HOWEVER, if I push the volume settings under MIC up to the highest, it sounds like I can hear a slight ringing- which means it might be ramping up the volume on the mic. Confused? I am.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3
    Here's so more information:

    lspci

    00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 82855PM Processor to I/O Controller (rev 03)
    00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82855PM Processor to AGP Controller (rev 03)
    00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
    00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
    00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 03)
    00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-M) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 03)
    00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev 83)
    00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801DBM (ICH4-M) LPC Interface Bridge (rev 03)
    00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801DBM (ICH4-M) IDE Controller (rev 03)
    00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) SMBus Controller (rev 03)
    00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 03)
    00:1f.6 Modem: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Modem Controller (rev 03)
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV350 [Mobility Radeon 9600 M10]
    02:04.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Inc. Atheros AR5001X+ Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)
    02:06.0 CardBus bridge: O2 Micro, Inc. OZ711M3/MC3 4-in-1 MemoryCardBus Controller
    02:06.1 CardBus bridge: O2 Micro, Inc. OZ711M3/MC3 4-in-1 MemoryCardBus Controller
    02:06.2 System peripheral: O2 Micro, Inc. OZ711Mx 4-in-1 MemoryCardBus Accelerator
    02:06.3 CardBus bridge: O2 Micro, Inc. OZ711M3/MC3 4-in-1 MemoryCardBus Controller
    02:0e.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5705M_2 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 03)

    Kernal

    Linux Microknoppix 2.6.28.4 #8 SMP PREEMPT Mon Feb 9 14:33:28 CET 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

    I don't see the isa-pnp command or the isapnp command. Is there another way to try to configure this?

Similar Threads

  1. Skype 2.0 no microphone sound with Knoppix 6.0
    By pa0rbc in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 05:49 PM
  2. where does the sound of a USB microphone go?
    By hyno in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-13-2006, 08:01 PM
  3. Knoppix 3.3 CD Soundcard Issue: No Sound
    By haohmaruxi in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-10-2004, 07:45 PM
  4. SOund card fun:Sound Blaster Audigy OEM also Radeon 9600Pro
    By Battousai in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
  5. onboard sound issue
    By wikked in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-27-2003, 02:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU

$45.00



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$81.99



ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used picture

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used

$220.00



ASUS Motherboard PRIME B250M-C Intel G4560+ LGA 1151 DDR4 mATX + Fan +I/O Shield picture

ASUS Motherboard PRIME B250M-C Intel G4560+ LGA 1151 DDR4 mATX + Fan +I/O Shield

$49.95



ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI picture

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI

$289.99



GIGABYTE H310M S2P Motherboard picture

GIGABYTE H310M S2P Motherboard

$55.99