I'm trying to get Knoppix 6 to autostart 2 scripts, both after it launches LXDE:
1. a script to run as root that mounts filesystems a certain way
for this I started by putting a symlink to the real script in rc5.d, but that didn't work, so I cp'ed the script to /etc/init.d/myscript.sh after setting chmod 755 and ran
which looked successful but it doesn't work after the remaster. I suppose all the rest of the init scripts need to run first to populated fstab, how would I do this?Code:update-rc.d myscript.sh defaults
2. a GUI python script to run after the desktop comes up. I've tried creating a /home/knoppix/.config/somescript.desktop file which contains:
and that didn't work, neither did creating ~./.config/openbox/autostart.sh containing:Code:[Desktop Entry] Type=Application Exec=/home/knoppix/somescript.py
I can't seem to find any other command line edit that will accomplish this, which is what I need. Thanks for the help.Code:# Run the system-wide support stuff . $GLOBALAUTOSTART # Programs to launch at startup hsetroot ~/wallpaper.png & xcompmgr -c -t-5 -l-5 -r4.2 -o.55 & # Programs that will run after Openbox started (sleep 2 && somescript.py) &
edit: I figured it out, do this:
create /etc/xdg/autostart/someentry.desktop containing:
I also wanted to run a root mount script, which I did by creating another file in the same dir of somerootscript.desktopCode:[Desktop Entry] Name=Somename Comment=Scanner Type=Application Exec=/home/knoppix/somescript.py Terminal=false X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=true
in /home/knoppix/rootscript.sh I putCode:[Desktop Entry] Name=somerootscript Comment=Somescript Type=Application Exec=/home/knoppix/rootscript.sh Terminal=false X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=true
and that all worked. This took a ton of time to figure out, I hope it helps.Code:#!/bin/bash sudo /pathtorootscript/rootscript.sh

NWT Vintage TUMI Safecase Deluxe Adjustable Computer Brief Bag 2632 w/ Sleeve
$449.50
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Bering OptiPac 3315 OPT 401 205 HP / IBM Vintage Storage PC Computer 1983 3.5”
$100.00
AU SELLER VINTAGE SOUND CARD RME DIGI 96/8 PRO "A" GRADE EXAMPLE -TESTED
$390.48
Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts
$49.78
Vintage 1977 Cromemco 16KPR (16 KPR) S-100 Computer Board
$199.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99