I'm trying to get Knoppix 6 to autostart 2 scripts, both after it launches LXDE:
1. a script to run as root that mounts filesystems a certain way
for this I started by putting a symlink to the real script in rc5.d, but that didn't work, so I cp'ed the script to /etc/init.d/myscript.sh after setting chmod 755 and ran
which looked successful but it doesn't work after the remaster. I suppose all the rest of the init scripts need to run first to populated fstab, how would I do this?Code:update-rc.d myscript.sh defaults
2. a GUI python script to run after the desktop comes up. I've tried creating a /home/knoppix/.config/somescript.desktop file which contains:
and that didn't work, neither did creating ~./.config/openbox/autostart.sh containing:Code:[Desktop Entry] Type=Application Exec=/home/knoppix/somescript.py
I can't seem to find any other command line edit that will accomplish this, which is what I need. Thanks for the help.Code:# Run the system-wide support stuff . $GLOBALAUTOSTART # Programs to launch at startup hsetroot ~/wallpaper.png & xcompmgr -c -t-5 -l-5 -r4.2 -o.55 & # Programs that will run after Openbox started (sleep 2 && somescript.py) &
edit: I figured it out, do this:
create /etc/xdg/autostart/someentry.desktop containing:
I also wanted to run a root mount script, which I did by creating another file in the same dir of somerootscript.desktopCode:[Desktop Entry] Name=Somename Comment=Scanner Type=Application Exec=/home/knoppix/somescript.py Terminal=false X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=true
in /home/knoppix/rootscript.sh I putCode:[Desktop Entry] Name=somerootscript Comment=Somescript Type=Application Exec=/home/knoppix/rootscript.sh Terminal=false X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=true
and that all worked. This took a ton of time to figure out, I hope it helps.Code:#!/bin/bash sudo /pathtorootscript/rootscript.sh

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working
$22.99
Vintage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Sheet
$54.00
Apple Macintosh Classic II M4150 Vintage All-In-One Home Computer
$70.00
Vintage Apple IIc Computer Carrying Case Bag Grey Canvas Rainbow Logo 1980s
$74.99
Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 120 w/ Stylus Flash Card & Software *WORKS*
$99.99
Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple
$60.00
VINTAGE Apple 3.5 Drive External 3½" Floppy Drive DB-19 Beige | P/N A9M0106
$159.00
Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used.
$199.99
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99