-
I have tried this flash install (in Knoppix 6.1 from LX Magazine) with a couple of USB sticks of different brands.
The Knopiix system seems to install OK. At least I get no error messages. No other guiding messages either, for that matter.
A preliminary (my level of understanding) inspection of the flash drive content seems to agree.
But. the computers I tried will not boot from thoose USB sticks. I have enabled boot from USB-sticks in the bioses,
and even tried disabling all other boot options. They simply complain they cannot find an OS.
Am I supposed to have done other things as well, like installing GRUB or Lilo in MBR (not a thing I look forward to). I have been under the impression that this is done by the Knoppix flash drive installer.
Please help with some hints.
Similar Threads
-
By davepass in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-21-2006, 04:29 AM
-
By davman1971 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-08-2005, 02:28 AM
-
By pallendo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 08:52 PM
-
By merlin232 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 01:39 AM
-
By the_joker02 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-11-2003, 08:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$599.99

Vintage NEC PC-8001 32KB RAM Fully Working Set w/ Monitor Cable & Tape
$499.00

Factory Sealed Windows 2000 Professional Upgrade Edition Vintage PC Software NOS
$50.00

Vintage AppleCare Protection Plan Box for Mac Model 607-3517 COLLECTIBLE ONLY
$20.00
![Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac picture](/store/img/g/EhEAAOSwg7ZnexmU/s-l225/Apple-Macintosh-Boot-Disk-System-1-0-8-0-400-800k-.jpg)
Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac
$11.75

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00