Try installing hfsutils:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/otherosfs/hfsutilsCode:aptitude install hfsutils
Pulled a drive out of an old Mac Laptop, wasn't mine so I don't remember what model. It was more than 5 years old. When I boot Knoppix, fdisk recognizes that there's a hard drive, but it says that it's not set for 1024 so there could be a problem. What do I need to do to get Knoppix to recognize the drive so I can pull stuff off of it?
Try installing hfsutils:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/otherosfs/hfsutilsCode:aptitude install hfsutils
Have a look at my post from a while back, it may help
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29151
this may also help
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29218

Crucial 2.5" 5210 ION 7.6TB SATA III 6Gbps SSD MTFDDAKT6QDE
$549.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99
Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC
$34.99
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$249.99
Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health
$187.00