Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Newbie seeking answers.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, Ar. 72076
    Posts
    1

    Newbie seeking answers.

    First I'm running an out of date livecd at the moment, (3.7 I believe) I have 2 80 gig hard drives hooked up to a superP6DBE motherboard with 4 128 mb sim. I picked up this server unit and recycled it instead of going out and buying a new computer/ software/ operating system. I wanted to try and use a linux operating system. I have used a bittorrent to download Slackware on 1 hd, I had a working Ubuntu 8.04 and Windows XP on the other until my motherboard quit remembering where my drives were. Apperntly this copy of Knoppix has a problem with freeing up some drive space to allow me to upgrade to a newer version Qpart won't repartion either one of my hd's. I was able to change my root password once but not anymore. About the only thing I can do is surf the web and that's not what I want to do all the time. So I guess what I'm asking is how can I get the software I have running again. I don't have to have windows working. The hard drives came out of my HP Pavilion the serves only had 4 scsi 9.3 gig hard drives and the cable connectors were broke. What I have seen of some of the Linux sytems like so far.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    29
    Hi wallfisher. I must be more 'newbie' than you but, not that some nice guy wont show up here, you may find more people to help you in http://ubuntuforums.org (if you still have the ubuntu live-cd you can download any tool you may need) and http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/

Similar Threads

  1. apache2 only answers to https requests
    By alek6cu in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2007, 04:32 PM
  2. New to Knoppix Seeking help 3.4
    By Alucard_The_Dex in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-10-2006, 02:05 PM
  3. Simpleton needs some simple answers
    By ajunt_ornj in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-16-2004, 02:53 AM
  4. An easy newbie question - very newbie
    By Drago in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
  5. Desparately seeking CDRW / DVD
    By Tortoise in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-25-2003, 08:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested picture

Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested

$25.46



Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable picture

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable

$75.00



Advanced Gravis Analog Controller Joystics For Tandy Computers complete in box  picture

Advanced Gravis Analog Controller Joystics For Tandy Computers complete in box

$90.98



VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare picture

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare

$380.00