Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Access Linux hard drive

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sweden/Pershagen
    Posts
    1

    Access Linux hard drive

    Hello
    After I upgraded my Ubuntu 8.10 to 9.04 I can’t access Gnome.
    I would like to use Knoppix to move some files to a USB hard drive before I reinstall Ubuntu.
    My Ubuntu hard drive is called
    /media/sdb1/home/fredriks-files/
    My USB drive is called
    /media/sdc1/fredriks-recovery-files/
    I have tried the graphic file browser and the command line but I do not succeed.
    sudo cp /media/sdb1/home/fredriks-files/* /media/sdc1/fredriks-recovery-files/
    I know my root password in Ubuntu and know I have to be root to have access to the files.
    How do I set the root password to be able to use the graphical file browser?
    How do I set the root password to be able to use the cp command from the command line?

    Best Regards
    Fredrik Andersson

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    29
    Go to menu, then Accessories>Root Terminal . There you'll be able to use the command line as root and if you type 'pcmanfm' (without quotes) you'll enter the file browser as root.
    regards.

Similar Threads

  1. How to access hard drive?
    By dealrocker in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 02:06 PM
  2. Access hard drive?
    By martynball in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 04:36 PM
  3. Copying hard drive to hard drive new to linux
    By husalah5150 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:06 PM
  4. Slow access to USB hard drive
    By rafaelorta in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 06:33 PM
  5. hard-drive access troubles
    By Colonel Sanders in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-21-2003, 04:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box picture

Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box

$1500.00



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Yealink SIP-T46S, t46G, & T46U IP Phone - Black, LOT of 14 picture

Yealink SIP-T46S, t46G, & T46U IP Phone - Black, LOT of 14

$324.99



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99