-
Access Linux hard drive
Hello
After I upgraded my Ubuntu 8.10 to 9.04 I can’t access Gnome.
I would like to use Knoppix to move some files to a USB hard drive before I reinstall Ubuntu.
My Ubuntu hard drive is called
/media/sdb1/home/fredriks-files/
My USB drive is called
/media/sdc1/fredriks-recovery-files/
I have tried the graphic file browser and the command line but I do not succeed.
sudo cp /media/sdb1/home/fredriks-files/* /media/sdc1/fredriks-recovery-files/
I know my root password in Ubuntu and know I have to be root to have access to the files.
How do I set the root password to be able to use the graphical file browser?
How do I set the root password to be able to use the cp command from the command line?
Best Regards
Fredrik Andersson
Similar Threads
-
By dealrocker in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-13-2010, 02:06 PM
-
By martynball in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-22-2008, 04:36 PM
-
By husalah5150 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:06 PM
-
By rafaelorta in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-06-2005, 06:33 PM
-
By Colonel Sanders in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-21-2003, 04:47 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box
$1500.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

LOT OF 10 NEW Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-Line PoE Speakerphone VoIP Desk Phone
$699.99

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

YEALINK W60B DECT VoIP BASE STATION VOIP SIP FOR UP TO 8 HANDSETS + OEM ADPTR
$50.00