View Poll Results: Is Gparted reiserfs the issue with installing Knoppix?
- Voters
- 0. You may not vote on this poll
-
Knoppix does not want to use the reiserfs partition
Hi everyone
I seem to have hit a wall with giving Knoppix what it wants for it to play nicely.
It's requirements is a linux reiser fs and a 1GB linux-swap.
It takes the linux swap that I made but it does not take the reiserfs partition made using gparted.
I have tried many different configurations.
[ntfs][unpartitioned][linux-swap]
# I wanted Knoppix and its automatic partitioner to make a partition in the specified unpartitioned location. That didn't work.
[unpartitioned][ntfs][linux-swap]
# this didn't work either
[reiserfs][linux-swap]
# no bacon
There are many more combinations of partition locale's that I tried; they are not all listed.
The only way for Knoppix to install is by giving its automatic program the go-ahead to format the entire drive (which hinders me from the ease of installing Knoppix to a drive with existing operation systems).
I believe the answer to my problem lies in the format of the reiserfs that gparted creates. Why, I do not know the technical details about (and it doesn't make sense for it not to work- reiserfs is reiserfs).
I read somewhere (i'll try to find the link again) that you can use an ext3 fs. It did not work with a ext3 partitioned fs.
The last option that I haven't done is using the v4 of reiser; reiser4.
If anyone else has found a solution or can lead me to manually installing Knoppix, that would be great. Even though the man states that Knoppix is not a recommended desktop linux distro, I personally find it to be wonderful and it suits me perfectly (so why not make it my desktop linux distro).
Your help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
-Eric
Similar Threads
-
By s-m-n in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-22-2006, 06:55 PM
-
By thiagoalencar in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 07-28-2004, 11:22 PM
-
By beatz in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-13-2004, 05:59 PM
-
By stefan_isaacs in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 08:52 PM
-
By anibal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-06-2003, 05:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM
$19.99

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

Corsair G.SKILL Trident Z Vengeance RGB Pro - DDR4 - 2x16 GB
$234.99