-
Transfer From USB boot to hard drive boot.
Hi I've not used Linux much although I did use a Unix system decades ago. I have Knoppix running & booting from a USB drive. I have a system with 3 primary and 1 extended partition. The three primary partitions have Windows based operating systems. The extended partition consists of 1 NTFS partition used for Windows data, a swap partition and three ext3 partitions. Ubuntu 9.04 is installed on one of the ext3 partitions and uses the swap partition. The system multi boots using the GRUB boot loader. I want to install Knoppix on one of the other ext3 partitions and use another for user data. What is the easiest way to do this? Is it as simple as copying the file structure on the USB to the chosen ext3 partition, adding the boot details to Grub and then telling Knoppix where to save any user data? I have a lot of sector specific applications I have developed for Windows and would like to explore making them work under Linux.
Similar Threads
-
By Scorpio123 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-24-2007, 08:26 PM
-
By frastitute in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-11-2005, 04:57 PM
-
By Kowood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 02:44 AM
-
By hnash53 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 03:29 AM
-
By m_yates in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-26-2003, 05:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY
$89.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

LOT OF 4 HP 840758-091 32GB DDR4 PC4-2666 Registered Server Memory 128GB Total
$1000.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro
$189.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original
$39.88