-
Failure to connect to Internet
The good: Knoppix is the only Linux that I have tried which actually boots all the way through on my new machine. I have tried Centos, Slackware, Ubuntu, SUSE, gNewSense, and Fedora. Where possible, I have used 64-bit versions, since it is a 64-bit machine.
The bad: After booting fully from the LiveCD and coming into operation, no internetworking is possible. I cannot even ping my router. My network card is Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0). Although I have never done it before, I have downloaded a new Linux/Unix driver. How do I incorporate it into the CD version?
Please note, I am also trying to install onto a USB thumb drive (or 'stick'). It would be useful to be able to use the internet while Knoppix is booted to avoid time-consuming switching each time some new notion needs checking out.
Thanks for all and any help.
Similar Threads
-
By Joey6 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-17-2007, 01:20 AM
-
By keyur in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-18-2006, 02:55 AM
-
By solbergg in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-10-2006, 03:11 AM
-
By calathar in forum Networking
Replies: 12
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 06:47 AM
-
By vzlandude in forum Networking
Replies: 15
Last Post: 04-01-2005, 04:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Vintage Personal Accounting & Essential Office 2 CD-ROM PAK For Windows 3.0
$114.00

vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc
$69.99

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Intel C3405 white ceramic gold with chip carrier. Never used working
$44.99

Apple IIe Vintage Computer A2S2064 Powers On Apple II Untested For Parts/repair
$149.99

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00