Get them to boot the Knoppix cd with the cheat code lang=ru and check out the Russian language support that is already built in.
This is a long shot, but please bear with me...
I don't speak Russian, but want to put together a CD of open source alternatives to some popular software packages that Russian speaking colleagues of mine use. I particularly need the Gimp and or a simpler package that replaces MS Photo Editor, preferably with the help files and commands in Russian. Those are the packages that would be useful, but I also wanted to pack the CD with as much other software as possible to try to convince my colleages of the benefits of more OS in their life.
Any tips?
Thanks,
Tortoise
Get them to boot the Knoppix cd with the cheat code lang=ru and check out the Russian language support that is already built in.
I'm sorry, I just realised I didn't make this clear, and that I'm posting it to a Linux forum, which is totally inapropriate, I am wanting to use Win versions of these programs, eventually I might persuade them to migrate to Lin, but for the moment, getting OS software on their machines is my goal.
But, thinking about it, I should do this anyway, they'll love it. Is there a Russian ISO?
This might be of interest.
That's the puppy!Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
Thanks!

Vintage IDE Removable Hard Drive Mobile Rack 5.25 Bay 50-Pin Tray + Maxtor 40GB
$49.99
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
Vintage Toshiba T3400CT Mini Laptop 486SX-33, 4MB **NO POST, Bad Screen, AS-IS
$75.00
Vintage Apple Keyboard II Model M0487 & G5431 Mouse UNTESTED AS-IS
$59.99
Vintage Dysan 100 MD2HD 5.25” Floppy Disks 10 Pack Sealed Double Sided HD | IBM
$38.00
Vintage Apple Kensington SaddleBag Convertible Laptop Backpack Messenger Bag Y2K
$49.95
Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00
Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37