Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Bad Knoppix 6.01 Torrent file on Download Mirrors-fails MD5.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1

    Bad Knoppix 6.01 Torrent file on Download Mirrors-fails MD5.

    Hi:
    I tried 5 times to download KNOPPIX 6.01 OS. Torrent files seem bad as they fail MD5 Integrity check.

    I am using Windows XP Pro + SP3 (patched to current MS standards)

    I have DSL Broadband and can get this install file in ~30 minutes, but it failed MD5 check.

    I got my Torrent from: http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/index.html or Mirrors...they all failed.
    Thanks for a answer, Donald

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Bad Knoppix 6.01 Torrent file on Download Mirrors-fails

    Quote Originally Posted by dbknoppix
    Hi:
    I tried 5 times to download KNOPPIX 6.01 OS. Torrent files seem bad as they fail MD5 Integrity check.

    I am using Windows XP Pro + SP3 (patched to current MS standards)

    I have DSL Broadband and can get this install file in ~30 minutes, but it failed MD5 check.

    I got my Torrent from: http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/index.html or Mirrors...they all failed.
    Thanks for a answer, Donald
    http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/ is the torrent we use. It has 6.0.1 on it, but no 6.01. I'm going to assume that you mean 6.0.1, but it is important to be precise, as I think the next version out may indeed be called 6.01.

    When I got my copy the md5 check was correct. I got the EN version, but you didn't give the full name of the version that you downloaded.

    You also didn't say what md5 tool you used. Since the torrent was good and you are the only one now reporting this issue, I suspect that there may be an issue with your md5 test (or with it's operator), but I can't know for sure without knowing what md5 test you are using. It does not seem all that likely that you would have a problem with any md5 check program, but since I know the md5 was good for 6.0.1, if that's what you are trying to get I would suspect the md5 check program and try a different one. It will certainly take less time to download and try another md5 test than to download the entire ISO again (and it is rather pointless to download it 5 or more times from the same torrent).

    Since yet another thing that you didn't mention is the md5 checksum that you expect to get (nor what you are getting), the md5 checksum for the EN version of 6.0.1 that I have is:
    d642d524dd2187834a418710001bbf82 *KNOPPIX_V6.0.1CD-2009-02-08-EN.iso
    (cut and pasted from the md5 file, and yes I ran the check against the ISO again just to be sure). The ISO file is 676,411,392 bytes when you check it under properties, is that your size?

    I guess that you could have some virus or malware that is changing ISO files after you download them (although that seems unlikely), please let us know if you determine that is what is happening.

Similar Threads

  1. actual URL for torrent ISO download
    By 77yrold in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 05:39 AM
  2. The Torrent (for knoppix download)
    By xxkiba in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2007, 10:55 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-21-2006, 02:13 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 10:35 AM
  5. Scilab-bin fails to download
    By edwood in forum Klik
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-06-2005, 02:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge T440 Tower Server 2x Intel Gold 5118 and 128GB 2400MHZ DDR4 picture

Dell PowerEdge T440 Tower Server 2x Intel Gold 5118 and 128GB 2400MHZ DDR4

$1840.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack) picture

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)

$1599.95



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$225.00



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM picture

Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM

$2649.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$169.99



RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections picture

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections

$63.00