Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: How many distros you checked before you made decision?

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2
    I used ubuntu prior to switching to knoppix. To be honest I didn't quite like it. It wasn't for me. But when I tried knoppix which was recommended by my friend I immediately liked it. Now I am using it for the last 2 weeks.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thank you Klaus Knopper you have kept my faith in Linux.
    My favorite distro's include Debian, Knoppix, Sidux, Slackware, Slax, Absolute and Wolvix.
    Where'as other distro's fail and need kernel modeline's and or xorg.conf tweaks and require frustration and error, Knoppix succeeds and recognises my hardware on first boot.
    I love the unrivaled hardware detectection of Knoppix and practical and bloat free approach.
    Thank You again Klaus...you the man (*J*).

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4
    forgotten how many.. a-Red Hat 8 was my first free Linux, b-Then Mandriva 2005, c-Ubuntu 5 was my first ubuntu. d-LinuxMint in last couple of Years , e-Fedora.
    Lately Knoppix 7 (NOW) Live, Ubuntu-Studio 12.10 Beta - Mint 13 cinnamon etc...

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2
    I've always been a debian user, but with the latest debian releases causes my processor to overheat, I was looking for a lighter distribution and tried the knoppix dvd; I installed knoppix on my hard drive, it works like a classic debian but it is much more powerful and fast, I do not understand why we do not do more advertising for this distribtion which is fantastic!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. The Top Distros.....(linux/BSD)
    By yozef in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-30-2006, 04:27 AM
  2. multiple distros on one dvd-r?
    By simple in forum Knoppix DVD
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-31-2005, 07:55 AM
  3. Lesser-Known Distros?
    By Kowood in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-14-2005, 08:23 AM
  4. Mandrake & Other Distros
    By jMon54 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 12:13 PM
  5. disks needs to be checked for consistency
    By FallingStar in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2004, 04:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



Dell Wyse 5070 Thin Client Pentium J5005 8GB RAM 128GB SSD w/Power Win 10 LTSC picture

Dell Wyse 5070 Thin Client Pentium J5005 8GB RAM 128GB SSD w/Power Win 10 LTSC

$62.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



16 GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz w/XMP Ballistix RAM picture

16 GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz w/XMP Ballistix RAM

$50.00



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



Micron and SK hynix RAM 56GB (4x8GB) (2x4GB) see description  picture

Micron and SK hynix RAM 56GB (4x8GB) (2x4GB) see description

$135.00