-
I used ubuntu prior to switching to knoppix. To be honest I didn't quite like it. It wasn't for me. But when I tried knoppix which was recommended by my friend I immediately liked it. Now I am using it for the last 2 weeks.
-
Thank you Klaus Knopper you have kept my faith in Linux.
My favorite distro's include Debian, Knoppix, Sidux, Slackware, Slax, Absolute and Wolvix.
Where'as other distro's fail and need kernel modeline's and or xorg.conf tweaks and require frustration and error, Knoppix succeeds and recognises my hardware on first boot.
I love the unrivaled hardware detectection of Knoppix and practical and bloat free approach.
Thank You again Klaus...you the man (*J*).
-
forgotten how many.. a-Red Hat 8 was my first free Linux, b-Then Mandriva 2005, c-Ubuntu 5 was my first ubuntu. d-LinuxMint in last couple of Years , e-Fedora.
Lately Knoppix 7 (NOW) Live, Ubuntu-Studio 12.10 Beta - Mint 13 cinnamon etc...
-
I've always been a debian user, but with the latest debian releases causes my processor to overheat, I was looking for a lighter distribution and tried the knoppix dvd; I installed knoppix on my hard drive, it works like a classic debian but it is much more powerful and fast, I do not understand why we do not do more advertising for this distribtion which is fantastic!
Similar Threads
-
By yozef in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 20
Last Post: 12-30-2006, 04:27 AM
-
By simple in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-31-2005, 07:55 AM
-
By Kowood in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-14-2005, 08:23 AM
-
By jMon54 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 12:13 PM
-
By FallingStar in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 04:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00