-
have 17 on hand .....
yup... I'm an OLD user, starting back in the TI99 and amiga day's. First real computer was this room sized monster @Notre Dame ( I was just six, my 'guardian' was the dean of math at the time). I have every flavor Of M(onkey)S(ocks) Windblows ever made [and a few never released]. I remember those punch cards, then the Unix, and Ada cryptologies, scaring me to death... that's why I fell for you know who's easy sleazy wares! Now, its the golden years of lots of time to play I finally got brave enough to start messing with this penguine stuff.... damn I miss a lot of fun didn't I! Am currently playing with distros of Ubuntu, Knoppix, Mandriva, and a few other of the more prominant ones. I am using VM's, Live CD, and pendrive distros until I get enough milage under my treads to put one down hard on one of my five machines. What I'd like to say here, is this Knoppix was the first boot on my Gateway t-series that took with out a single issue. I have had to do some crash course work with the others to get this or that part of my devices to take ... but the 6x knoppix slid through it all and dished out perfectly. I've cruised a bunch of the threads here, (really liked the novella about posting guys....
) Though I am more than programmer profficient, years in the electronics eng. field ,,,, moving from the locked, but easy winblows env. to this CL build stuff is a bit scary (but us real geeks love scare like that don't we). Its ppl like you Mod's here that really make it work .... so Cudo's, thanks and don't stop even if we sometime can't find the FM to RTFM! we'll get there someday ... kind of like the way you all did ...eh? Yannos
Similar Threads
-
By yozef in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 20
Last Post: 12-30-2006, 04:27 AM
-
By simple in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-31-2005, 07:55 AM
-
By Kowood in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-14-2005, 08:23 AM
-
By jMon54 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 12:13 PM
-
By FallingStar in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 04:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$125.98

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00