-
Total of 4, not including Knoppix. Checked out both Linspire and Freespire at someone's recommendation. Wasn't turned on. Read about Ubuntu. Settled on Ubuntu (Hardy on one machine and Intrepid Kubuntu on another). Investigated Fedora later for the newest box. Installed it and bought the "bible" It's too cutting edge for me. I went back to Ubuntu--Karmic. The Intrepid box died an unseemly death due to something shorting out the mobo, hard drive, and power supply. Probably cheap parts. The Karmic box is doing okay so far. The Hardy box is this one I'm on right now, and it's actually my favorite. There might be better distros for everyday use, but I'm now pretty comfy with Ubuntu. You have to learn to add those various repositories that you have to add to have the latest stuff and the nonfree goodies. And, now, Knoppix for fixing problems. Plus I'm going to noodle around with Knoppix as the O/S just to get good and familiar with it for those emergencies that happen.
-
None.
Since I was a Debian user of many years, Knoppix was a logical choice for a live CD. Since it worked really well I looked no further. Since I had wanted to try installing to a USB stick, I discovered that I had all the more reason to "stick" with Knoppix.
Similar Threads
-
By yozef in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 20
Last Post: 12-30-2006, 04:27 AM
-
By simple in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-31-2005, 07:55 AM
-
By Kowood in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-14-2005, 08:23 AM
-
By jMon54 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 12:13 PM
-
By FallingStar in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 04:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit
$399.00

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99