View Poll Results: Which filesystem you are using?
- Voters
- 8. You may not vote on this poll
-
ext2
-
ext3
-
ext4
-
Reiser
-
XFS
-
JFS
-
NTFS
-
other
-
Senior Member
registered user
I clicked the ext3 for the poll, but, I wanted to click Reiser...
Why? Well, when I first started using Linux, I was using ext3. As a month or two went by, everyone was pushing to use Reiser, so, I cleared a drive, reformatted it to Reiser, and then transferred my complete installation over to the new drive. When the OS drive was working to my liking, I then did the same thing to the second drive.
If I was ever any more happy, it was running Reiser, until... From what I gather, the developer, and the driving force for any and all future upgrading and changes of the Reiser file system came under legal battles, and later imprisoned... It was clear that using Reiser was going to be going no where anymore, so I ditched it like I had done previously with ext3.
I can't be sure of the "technical" side of the two file systems, but, if you ask me my "gut" feelings, I would have to say, that, I felt that Reiser was less overhead and a better file system than the ext3 technology. I think Reiser was faster, more stable, and by far, the technology best used within Linux when it came to a file system. But, that is just me...
LC
Similar Threads
-
By midget in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-26-2008, 07:34 PM
-
By rixter in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-30-2007, 01:30 PM
-
By abby in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-11-2007, 09:56 AM
-
By bsaber in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-27-2005, 03:12 AM
-
By PyroBoy101 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 3KDWX PERC H755 12Gb/s SAS 8GB RAID Controller
$950.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00