-
Help with Knoppix 5.1 and saving documents from HD
Hi guys,
I am using Knoppix 5.1 in order to fix my windows xp partion drive and it looks complicated so far.
I'm able to click on the Hard Disk drive on linux but it gives me a warning sign that says
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Warning
irty Volume mount was forced by the 'force' mount option).
Fusemount: mountpoint is not empty
Fusermount: if you are sure this is safe, use the 'nonempty' mount option
Failed to create Fuse mount point: No such file or directory
Retry to create Fuse mount point
FATAL: module fuse not found
fusermount: mountpoint is not empty
fusermount: if you are sure this is safe, use the 'nonempty' mount option
Faile to create Fuse mount point: No such file or directory
Unmounting/dev/hda1()
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After I click on that I click on my HD with no problems after that no errors or anything now onto my external.
When I Click on my external hard drive which is connected through my usb 2.0 port and I get this error.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could Not Device:
The Reported error was:
Error reading bootsector: Input/output error
Failed to startup volume: Input/output error
Failed to mount '/devdsa1':Input/output error
NTFS is incosistend. Run chkdsk/f on windows then reboot it twice.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I click on my external for 2 times, I get the same error, not until the third time I finally get to see my files.
I try copy my picture folder onto one of external hd folder using control c and control v. I get this box that says copy files in progress and it say stalled while its reading the amount of folders and files. Afterward it cannot copy it says this error:
could not make folder/media/sda1/newfolder
So guys can someone please help me out.
Also can someone also help me point out on how to use this OS because I can't figure how to setup the network to get internet and be able to master this OS...
Similar Threads
-
By derwalroszsagt in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-09-2009, 07:45 PM
-
By triviaace11 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2009, 05:36 AM
-
By lorddane in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-09-2006, 05:05 PM
-
By kpfuser in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-24-2005, 04:56 PM
-
By snowby in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-31-2003, 07:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$537.49

Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US
$41.30