-
Failure to connect to Internet
The good: Knoppix is the only Linux that I have tried which actually boots all the way through on my new machine. I have tried Centos, Slackware, Ubuntu, SUSE, gNewSense, and Fedora. Where possible, I have used 64-bit versions, since it is a 64-bit machine.
The bad: After booting fully from the LiveCD and coming into operation, no internetworking is possible. I cannot even ping my router. My network card is Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0). Although I have never done it before, I have downloaded a new Linux/Unix driver. How do I incorporate it into the CD version?
Please note, I am also trying to install onto a USB thumb drive (or 'stick'). It would be useful to be able to use the internet while Knoppix is booted to avoid time-consuming switching each time some new notion needs checking out.
Thanks for all and any help.
Similar Threads
-
By Joey6 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-17-2007, 01:20 AM
-
By keyur in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-18-2006, 02:55 AM
-
By solbergg in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-10-2006, 03:11 AM
-
By calathar in forum Networking
Replies: 12
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 06:47 AM
-
By vzlandude in forum Networking
Replies: 15
Last Post: 04-01-2005, 04:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98

Commodore Amiga 500 w/ 512K comes with manuals, turns on and boots from floppy
$499.99

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC
$52.99

Best FlickerFixer RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000CPLDSlot v2.2
$75.00

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99