-
Failure to connect to Internet
The good: Knoppix is the only Linux that I have tried which actually boots all the way through on my new machine. I have tried Centos, Slackware, Ubuntu, SUSE, gNewSense, and Fedora. Where possible, I have used 64-bit versions, since it is a 64-bit machine.
The bad: After booting fully from the LiveCD and coming into operation, no internetworking is possible. I cannot even ping my router. My network card is Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0). Although I have never done it before, I have downloaded a new Linux/Unix driver. How do I incorporate it into the CD version?
Please note, I am also trying to install onto a USB thumb drive (or 'stick'). It would be useful to be able to use the internet while Knoppix is booted to avoid time-consuming switching each time some new notion needs checking out.
Thanks for all and any help.
Similar Threads
-
By Joey6 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-17-2007, 01:20 AM
-
By keyur in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-18-2006, 02:55 AM
-
By solbergg in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-10-2006, 03:11 AM
-
By calathar in forum Networking
Replies: 12
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 06:47 AM
-
By vzlandude in forum Networking
Replies: 15
Last Post: 04-01-2005, 04:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box
$48.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Atari 1200xl Original ROM And MMU set
$20.00