Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: vsftpd

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3

    vsftpd

    I installed vsftpd via "apt-get install vsftpd" command and I can access the Knoppix ftp server from my colleague's W98 machine via anonymous login.

    However, once logged in, the W98 user cannot upload or download files using send/get commands as he gets permission denied.

    From my Knoppix box, I typed "vsftpd" at the root console and I got this error:

    root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# vsftpd
    500 OOPS: could not bind listening IPv4 socket

    Does anyone here know what this error means ? Are there any howtos or step-by-step guides on the Web on how to configure vsftpd
    correctly ?

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    204

    Re: vsftpd

    Quote Originally Posted by knoppix510
    I installed vsftpd via "apt-get install vsftpd" command and I can access the Knoppix ftp server from my colleague's W98 machine via anonymous login.

    However, once logged in, the W98 user cannot upload or download files using send/get commands as he gets permission denied.

    From my Knoppix box, I typed "vsftpd" at the root console and I got this error:

    root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# vsftpd
    500 OOPS: could not bind listening IPv4 socket

    Does anyone here know what this error means ? Are there any howtos or step-by-step guides on the Web on how to configure vsftpd
    correctly ?

    Thank you.
    Check out the following FAQ

    http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_FTP_FAQ

    Rgds,
    Chip

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND 2.5” SATA III SSD picture

WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND 2.5” SATA III SSD

$40.00



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00