-
Knoppix 6.1 System Tools/Knoppix HD Install does not see hda
I am having problems with the Install. I used the Linux Mag 6.1 Install DVD and launched Knoppix. I then partitioned my disk using the partition editor. here is my HDD
/dev/hda1 83 Linux reiserfs 20 GB
/dev/hda2 unformatted
/dev/hda3 fat 16 my grub partition 2 gb
/dev/hda4 extended partition
/dev/hda5 my linux swap 3 gb
/dev/hda6 unformatted
/dev/hda 7 fat 32 data partition
When I launch the install, it doesn't detect hda1. My only choices are auto and use all disk. I want to install Knoppix on HDA1. I use the grub partition to manage my multiboot system. I don't want to use the whole disk and I am a bit afraid to choose auto.
Why would the install program not recognize hda1? That partition was created and formatted using the Knoppix Disk Partition program. It shows up as being formatted with reiserfs. It is greater than 8gb and my swap is greater than 1 gb. These are the two conditions specified in the installers Help file.
Similar Threads
-
By gmj2005 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-23-2006, 07:57 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-25-2006, 04:16 PM
-
By wangji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 03:21 PM
-
By robson8112 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2004, 10:34 PM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-05-2003, 10:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US
$41.30