Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Flash problem

  1. #1
    Guest

    Flash problem

    I can not seem to get flash to work anymore. When I go to sites which have flash video content I get the message that plugins are required to view all the media. However when I download and install acrobat flash it no longer works. Is this because of the new flashplayer 10?
    Any solution?
    I have Knoppix 5.1.1

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    94
    I am in knoppix5.3.1 and yes there does seem to be a problem with flash 10
    until a better suggeston comes along, go into
    /home/knoppix/.mozilla/plugins
    and delete the file named
    libflashplayer.so
    then copy the previous flash 9 libflashplayer.so into that directory.
    which should restore your flash capabilities.for icewaesel.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    94
    just did another install of flashplayer on a different computer with knoppix 5.3.1 and no knoppix.img via the iceweasel "click to instal plugins" for flashplayer and it went in and functioned no problem. checked and it was flash 10 installed.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    94

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hat_monkey
    I am in knoppix5.3.1 and yes there does seem to be a problem with flash 10
    until a better suggeston comes along, go into
    /home/knoppix/.mozilla/plugins
    and delete the file named
    libflashplayer.so
    then copy the previous flash 9 libflashplayer.so into that directory.
    which should restore your flash capabilities.for icewaesel.
    Thanks hat_monkey. I've been struggling with this flash problem for a long time.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by hat_monkey
    I am in knoppix5.3.1 and yes there does seem to be a problem with flash 10
    until a better suggeston comes along, go into
    /home/knoppix/.mozilla/plugins
    and delete the file named
    libflashplayer.so
    then copy the previous flash 9 libflashplayer.so into that directory.
    which should restore your flash capabilities.for icewaesel.
    I am using Knoppix 5.1.0 and I would like to know how can I download Flash Player 9 ?
    The Adobe web site (which my 'mozilla' takes me to) has only Flash Player 10,
    which gives me GLIB_2.4 not found.

    If anyone of you has the download link for "libflashplayer.so" of Flash Player 9,
    please post it here.

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    77
    I've uploaded flash-player-plugin-9.0.21.55 (libflashplayer.so) at uploadmirrors here.
    This is an old one, as a result, no NGC video, enlarment screens, Hulu, yahoo video on popurl or metacafe site,
    however, you can click metacafe small video on popurl and watch a vignette.
    inbed to
    /usr/lib/iceweasel/plugins/
    or
    /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/
    or
    /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins/
    Make a readme for your self.
    It's for the 5.0.1, BTW.
    enjoy

Similar Threads

  1. 4.0.2 USB - cruzer mini flash drive problem
    By ironbran in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-22-2005, 10:46 PM
  2. Install to Compact Flash option like Flash Puppy
    By monckywrench in forum Ideas
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-20-2005, 06:46 PM
  3. Flash disk problem
    By cbrands in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-30-2004, 07:53 PM
  4. Problem with Firefox and flash player
    By lewisdw in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2004, 03:50 AM
  5. FLASH DRIVE Problem!
    By ReaLity in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2003, 06:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$361.91



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper Networks SSR120 Smart Router picture

Juniper Networks SSR120 Smart Router

$500.00



Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact  Switch picture

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch

$179.99



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00