I figured it out, it was a problem with the ram.
Alright, here's the situation as of right now. I have a knoppix live cd, and I have tested it on my laptop. Everything worked just fine, so I know that the CD is in proper working order. However, when I try to boot from the live cd with my desktop I run into the error:
"modprobe: FATAL: Error inserting apm (/lib/modules/2.6.11/kernel/arch/i386/kernel/apm.ko): No such device"
What does this mean, and why will my desktop not boot from the cd? Everything else seems to be working fine, and it even shows the desktop for a few seconds, but then the screen flashes blank and I get that error message. I really need to get this to work, any help would be greatly appreciated.
I figured it out, it was a problem with the ram.

HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000
$599.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48
Corsair MP600 PRO NH 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 SSD CSSD-F1000GBMP600PNH New Sealed
$249.99
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$461.10
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1774.24
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$288.98
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99