I figured it out, it was a problem with the ram.
Alright, here's the situation as of right now. I have a knoppix live cd, and I have tested it on my laptop. Everything worked just fine, so I know that the CD is in proper working order. However, when I try to boot from the live cd with my desktop I run into the error:
"modprobe: FATAL: Error inserting apm (/lib/modules/2.6.11/kernel/arch/i386/kernel/apm.ko): No such device"
What does this mean, and why will my desktop not boot from the cd? Everything else seems to be working fine, and it even shows the desktop for a few seconds, but then the screen flashes blank and I get that error message. I really need to get this to work, any help would be greatly appreciated.
I figured it out, it was a problem with the ram.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS TUF B365M-PLUS GAMING MicroATX Motherboard, CPU Cooler, I5-9400f, Wifi Card
$160.00
ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45
Gigabyte Z890 Aorus Master LGA 1851 DDR5
$259.99