Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Desktop wont boot from live cd

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    here
    Posts
    2

    Desktop wont boot from live cd

    Alright, here's the situation as of right now. I have a knoppix live cd, and I have tested it on my laptop. Everything worked just fine, so I know that the CD is in proper working order. However, when I try to boot from the live cd with my desktop I run into the error:

    "modprobe: FATAL: Error inserting apm (/lib/modules/2.6.11/kernel/arch/i386/kernel/apm.ko): No such device"

    What does this mean, and why will my desktop not boot from the cd? Everything else seems to be working fine, and it even shows the desktop for a few seconds, but then the screen flashes blank and I get that error message. I really need to get this to work, any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    here
    Posts
    2

    Problem Solved

    I figured it out, it was a problem with the ram.

Similar Threads

  1. live CD and live DVD wont fit
    By alan4100 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 12:16 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 09:25 AM
  3. Hiweed Live CD(kernel: 2.6.9 ,lightweight xfce desktop with
    By ccwufu in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2004, 06:40 AM
  4. Sun Java Desktop System Live Demo based on Morphix
    By eco2geek in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2004, 03:57 PM
  5. Knoppix wont boot with boot floppy
    By proto in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth picture

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth

$39.99



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$600.00



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked) picture

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)

$17.99



Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked) picture

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)

$18.99



Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW picture

Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW

$399.99



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Yealink MP58 Cordless VoIP Conference Phone Bluetooth Handset Microsoft Teams picture

Yealink MP58 Cordless VoIP Conference Phone Bluetooth Handset Microsoft Teams

$95.99