-
WiFi Encryptioon Key?
Hi I am on vacation on an Island on Lake Erie. I am not able to use the wifi here w/linux box. I am using 2 identical laptops, one w/ Knoppix 5.1.1, and the other running XP. To make long story short. The winders box provided me w/a gui to input the name of the wifi network here, and the encryption key. I have got the linux box to identify the wifi, but I need to know how to input the encryption key. Please help.
Borgward
-
Senior Member
registered user
open a console and type
Code:
sudo iwconfig ath0 essid "any" channel auto key "s:encryptionkey" ap any
the s: is needed if the key is ascii (alphanumeric) if i is hex (13 numbers and letters from a to f only).
if no go try without the s:
Code:
sudo iwconfig ath0 essid "any" channel auto key "encryptionkey" ap any
-
OK, I entered in root shell:
iwconfig eth0 essid s
key) ap any
The Kwlan icon at the bottom right of the screen flashed message eth0 is connected. and the righ hand part of it is blue, but I still can not get to google or anything else. I can not edit the profile either. I opened the Kwlan Network Profiles, selected the profile, clicked on Edit, Networkconfig comes up w/Security Settings. The Profile name / ssid is displayed in a dim manner, and I can not make selections on any of the drop downs. Authentication is currently displayed as Plaintext or static WEP, and Encryption is None. All these options are displayed very dimly, and can not be changed.
-
Senior Member
registered user
try to open kwifimanager from tthe console with
Similar Threads
-
By stars in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-09-2004, 05:44 AM
-
By jazzback in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 12:52 AM
-
By Ssysak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-01-2004, 09:18 PM
-
By Suzanne101 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 04:58 AM
-
By poussin in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-09-2003, 07:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Dell Inspiron 15 3250 15.6 Touch Screen Laptop Intel core I5, 8GB, 256GB SSD
$379.00

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 8-Core 16-Thread 4.6GHz Max Boost, 3.8 GHz Base
$170.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

acer swift air 14
$600.00