Hi there,
Jimbo has good instructions for debian :
http://www.jimbo7.com/wiki/index.php...1v3_LINUX_WIKI
I've heard getting wireless adapters to work with Linux can be a pain. I have a NETGEAR WG311v3 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter and I can't get it to work (Possibly because I don't know the method). I know it has something to do with ndiswrapper, and the Windows drivers, so could anyone help me out on how to go about getting this to work? I'm a Linux newbie, and I'd love to switch from Windows programming to Linux.. If I could only get online.![]()
Hi there,
Jimbo has good instructions for debian :
http://www.jimbo7.com/wiki/index.php...1v3_LINUX_WIKI
Thanks for the fast response. I'll check it out![]()
Interested to know if it works as my understanding is that it has the marvell chipset which generally won't
drb
I didn't have any luck getting it to work. I followed the instructions exactly as posted. You would think a large company such as Linksys would have Linux drivers contained in the installation CD. I've asked around on IRC but everyone else said it was the Marvell chipset that was the problem too. It's not a big problem for me anymore. My 100ft Ethernet cord arrived in the mail a few days ago.
I don't mean to get off topic, but Knoppix is great. I actually tried Ubuntu and Lindows (I was told those were great for the beginning Linux user) and found Knoppix to be much easier to use (and learn) than others. As a software engineer trained in Windows, the conversion from Windows to Linux programming was fairly simple (No more Winsocks!).
I'm sure someone will figure it out eventually. It's only a matter of time. Hopefully Linksys will see this post and include Linux drivers in their next generation of wireless adapters. Who knows.
Thanks for the help though.
Sean
Hi Sean
I used the website below to choose a PCI wireless card - I went for an atheros chipset that madwifi would run. (A TP-Link WN651G).
drb
http://linux-wless.passys.nl/
Sean,
This is how I got my WG511 to work. It may be close to your adapter.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28328
Jim
Sean,Originally Posted by Seanp
Just wonder are you using the correct windows driver for your wireless card. I think Jimbo's instructions does not cover that part.
Check it out on the following link
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_FAQ
See Q2, step 1. You will be able to get the wireless driver files that your current windows is using. Worth to do it a try.
Good luck
Rgds,
Chip
Check this link
http://sites.google.com/site/subtleg...or-linux-amd64
It has a driver that works both for 32 and 64 bit linux installations.

Western Digital WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive WD40EFRX SATA 64MB 3.5" HDD
$145.00
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Western Digital Blue (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 64MB Cache) 1TB HDD
$19.90
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$343.98
HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00
Western Digital WD 3.5" Western Digital Red 3TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD - Works great
$79.99
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99