-
Okay, I think I might have a slim chance of accessing some files here. My question now concerns the newest version of Knoppix (6.0.1). I can't figure out how to change my USB External HD (Western Digital My Book) to writable so I can put any recovered files there when I use PhotoRec. In the newest Knoppix version, the Lightweight Desktop Environment only has a My Documents folder on the desktop, not the icons for the different drives. I can see my external drive in PC Man File Manager but can't seem to change the read/write permissions. How on earth do I do it in Knoppix 6.0.1? Should I be doing it from the root terminal with command line commands instead? If so, how do I do that? I've read over a bunch of lists of Linux commands but am a bit overwhelmed!
Also, when asked which directory to use for saving recovered files when I'm actually in the PhotoRec program, I'm not sure how to tell which one is my external drive. Definitely don't want to write anything to the damaged HD! Perhaps I will be able to tell this by the permissions once I can change them?
Thanks so much for the ongoing help!!!
Similar Threads
-
By andyp in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-11-2008, 04:36 PM
-
By mustjustbe in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-10-2007, 03:32 AM
-
By comfortably numb in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-20-2005, 09:09 AM
-
By OpenIntro in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 27
Last Post: 04-05-2005, 10:59 PM
-
By cohyster in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00