-
2.4.21
What are the plans for moving Knoppix to the 2.4.21 kernel? I know there are several hardware/driver issues that are (supposedly) resolved with 2.4.21. But, I'm not sure what the status of 2.4.21 is, or what the plans are for moving Knoppix to 2.4.21.
Thanks,
BamaRob
-
Senior Member
registered user
I think 2.4.21 stable is close to being released. Kluas usually doesn't update the kernel until there is a stable release (thank goodness). I'm thinking that after the stable 2.4.21 is released, it will make it's way into knoppix pretty quickly. As I understand it, the final release canidate has been released, so stable should be what's released next.
-
Great! Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking forward to being able to communicate with my Sharp Zaurus (running OpenZaurus) from my Knoppix box. Reportedly, the usbnet modules in the 2.4.21 kernel work with the Zaurus' USB cradle.
Thanks,
BR
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor
$27.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

AMD Ryzen 5 9600X Processor (Zen 5) 6-Core 3.9GHz AM5 65W Desktop CPU
$169.99

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

IBM 02AA780 Power9 Processor CPU
$24.50